[Bioc-devel] R Bioconductor package submission problem

Lucas Schiffer schiffer.lucas at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 18:17:29 CEST 2017

> On Jun 29, 2017, at 11:12, Shaojun Tang <Shaojun.Tang at georgetown.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am a R package contributor and I encountered problem when trying to
> upload a package.

More information will be helpful in resolving your issue. Could you format this as a question and include details? Hard to help you without more information. What did your try on your own to resolve the issue?

> Basically, I have installed the GitHub Desktop in my windows and when I try
> to commit it to the remote Github:
>
> fatal: This operation must be run in a work tree
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Do you have a GitHub repo for your project? This seems like more of an issue with using GitHub than submitting to Bioconductor. GitHub offers a great interactive tutorial on getting stated here (https://try.github.io).