[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor stats

Lluís Revilla lluis.revilla at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 13:34:00 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have been looking at the stats of Bioconductor, and I would like to know
more about how are they calculated.

Do these stats account for the mirror sites? Are there any stats of the
usage of mirrors?

I found some packages that for the same month they have downloads in two
categories. For instance AnnotationDbi has some downloads as experimental
data package:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/stats/data-experiment/AnnotationDbi/ while
most of the downloads are in the software category (The right one). It
seems that near 500 packages have downloads in two categories.

The "Nb of distinct IPs" if I understand correctly is for each package and
month. So if the same IP downloads again the package is listed as a new IP,
isn't it? I assume that if mirrors are counted either no one downloads the
same packages from different mirrors in the same IP or that these
information is shared across mirrors for these stats.

Regards,

Lluís