[Bioc-devel] What to do about std::cerr/cout warnings in external libraries?

Shian Su su.s at wehi.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 08:29:40 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I am using parts of htslib in a new package. R CMD check gives me warnings about R terminating entry points and such resulting from htslib’s calls. Is there a way to get around this or do I have to go into the source code of htslib and change all their calls.

Also, Hadley’s best practices recommends using “error” instead of “exit” however I am using Rcpp to glue things together which only seems to provide “stop” for this purpose. Can exits be simply swapped out with Rcpp::stop?

Kind regards,
Shian Su