[Bioc-devel] Minor doc change about update_remotes.sh

Leonardo Collado Torres lcollado at jhu.edu
Mon Jun 5 21:35:00 CEST 2017

Hi,

I used today http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git-mirrors/ for
updating https://github.com/jtleek/sva-devel and I was getting weird
results when running the update_remotes.sh script
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Bioconductor/mirror/master/update_remotes.sh.
It wasn't until I looked at the bash code that I realized that it gets the
package name from the repo name. That seems to work most of the time, but
it didn't in this case because the repo is named sva-devel while the
Bioconductor package is named sva.

I think that if update_remotes.sh showed an error message in situations
like this one or printed the usage info, then users like me would realize
that you can type:

bash update_remotes.sh sva

(and equivalent) to make the script work.

Best,
Leo