[Bioc-devel] Catching SVN up to Github

Matt Richards Matt.Richards at systemsbiology.org
Thu Jul 27 22:36:47 CEST 2017

Hi all,

Since our package, "trena", was accepted, we've made some pretty extensive
changes to the package on Github. Our version has so far jumped from
0.99.10 to 0.99.135. These changes are all contained on a forked version of
the Bioconductor mirror, as specified (https://www.bioconductor.org/
developers/how-to/git-mirrors/). We haven't yet put these changes onto SVN.

My question is regarding how to get the Github repo and the SVN on the same
page. I've followed the procedure outlined on the linked page and also
tried the cherry picking procedure, but any `git svn` command
(info/rebase/dcommit) run on the devel branch returns me the same message:

Unable to determine upstream SVN information from HEAD history.

I've also tried a `git svn log`, which returns: fatal: your current branch
appears to be broken

Any ideas what's going on here? I'm a self-admitted novice when it comes to
SVN.

Thanks
Matt

--