[Bioc-devel] improving navigation within workflows

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Sun Jul 16 17:53:28 CEST 2017

Hello all,

I was wondering if there's any plans to improve the navigation for the
BioC workflows. I was looking at my simpleSingleCell workflow:

https://www.bioconductor.org/help/workflows/simpleSingleCell/

... and I've realized that it's gotten pretty long. It's a pain to keep
on scrolling up and down when I'm stuck in the middle of the document
and I want to jump somewhere else quickly (or even just go to the TOC).

It would be nice to have some sort of floating navigation bar containing
links to every section, rather than a TOC at the top. Failing that,
section numbers and hyperlinks to the top or end (a la
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html) would be
useful.

Cheers,

Aaron