[Bioc-devel] Maintainers submit your SSH public keys

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Thu Jul 13 14:22:08 CEST 2017

Jason,

Yes, your GitHub username is your GitHub ID. Thanks Lluis for answering this question promptly.

Lluis,

This is an interesting question about the tagging in GitHub. Keep in mind the “tagging” feature is fairly recent in the Github world, and I’m not sure enough people search with that identifier. There are many repositories on Github which are tagged by “bioconductor", but are not a package. So, that line has already been crossed.

“bioconductor-package” seems to be a good tag for packages. I would say it is fairly obvious for users. You could also tag them with whatever other package specific tags you see fit (rstats, bioinformatics etc).

Best,

Nitesh

Hi,

Yes, Jason your Github username is the Github id.

I have a question about one social feature of github: the topics of a repository. Should we tag the repositories with packages included (or intended to be included) in Bioconductor with the tag "bioconductor" or "biocondcutor-package"?
I am asking this because some repositories might be related to bioconductor but they aren't a package.

Regards,

Lluís