[Bioc-devel] Git transition: Missing SSH public keys on github.com

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Wed Jul 12 20:54:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

As we are processing the SSH keys today, we have noticed that a few people were having trouble submitting their keys.

Maintainers should keep in mind that, they need to have their SSH public keys on Github, before submitting your Github_ID. So before you submit on the form, please check, (www.github.com/<Github_ID>.keys). Your SSH public keys should be viewable there, if that page is blank, it means you DO NOT have ssh keys on Github.

This in turn means, we cannot add any SSH keys to bioconductor and you will not have access.

For example: (www.github.com/nturaga.keys<http://www.github.com/nturaga.keys%3Chttp://www.github.com/nturaga.keys>) , shows my SSH public keys.

This tutorial on Github (https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-new-ssh-key-to-your-github-account/) should walk you through how to add your keys.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Nitesh

________________________________
As we are processing the SSH keys today, we have noticed that a few people were having trouble submitting their keys.

Maintainers should keep in mind that, they need to have their SSH public keys on Github, before submitting your Github_ID. So before you submit on the form, please check, www.github.com/<Github_ID>.keys<http://www.github.com/<Github_ID>.keys>. Your SSH public keys should be viewable there, if that page is blank, it means you DO NOT have ssh keys on Github.

This in turn means, we cannot add any SSH keys to bioconductor and you will not have access.

For example: www.github.com/nturaga.keys<http://www.github.com/nturaga.keys<http://www.github.com/nturaga.keys<http://www.github.com/nturaga.keys>> , shows my SSH public keys.

This tutorial on Github (https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-new-ssh-key-to-your-github-account/) should walk you through how to add your keys.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Nitesh

Adding a new SSH key to your GitHub account - User ...<https://help.github.com/articles/adding-a-new-ssh-key-to-your-github-account/>
help.github.com
To configure your GitHub account to use your new (or existing) SSH key, you'll also need to add it to your GitHub account. �