[Bioc-devel] Code quality and bug reports

Lluís Revilla lluis.revilla at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:01:24 CET 2017

Dear Valerie and all,

If I understood the page you kindly linked correctly, a package is deprecated:
1) When it fails to build and check (unless it is fixed).
2) When the maintainer asks for it.
3) If the maintainer is unresponsive (I assume when a mail is not
delivered) and(/or?) doesn't answers questions about the package (How
is this tracked? Which is the threshold for unanswered questions, 1
year? )

In some packages, it seems the maintainers receive the mails, and the
packages build and past the daily checks of Bioconductor, but there
are bugs and issues with those packages that are left unanswered and
unsolved in support.bioconductor.org. Those packages that are still
functional and used but don't receive maintenance are then kept ? How
should the community help to solve those issues?

Thanks,

Lluís