[Bioc-devel] Problem pushing new versions of xcms via git svn dcommit

McDavid, Andrew Andrew_Mcdavid at URMC.Rochester.edu
Tue Jan 3 17:49:37 CET 2017

Hi Steffen,

Option 2 worked for me recently with a repo that had previous git history.  I think you after you run

    git branch --track biocmaster bioc/master

You need to run

    git checkout biocmaster

Then you may run git svn dcommit, which should just be a null op at this point.  I will add that if your repo has previous git history (like yours) you absolutely must cherry pick onto the svn repo or great suffering will ensue.  This is because, I believe, the histories of the svn repo and git repo are different.  Rebasing or merging tries to replay from the first commit of your git repo

-Andrew