[Bioc-devel] Bioc releases and Bioconda

Elena Grassi grassi.e at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:54:39 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Nitesh <nitesh.turaga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you tell me more about which package you are trying to wrap a recipe
> for?

Right now my packages: the recipes are working, but the helper skeleton
script that create dependencies gets them from DESCRIPTION and if lower
limits for version are not there it cannot infer them.

> And could you give me an example for what you mean by " determining
> dependencies limits when one of the packages that you depend on changes
> its public interface." ?

Package A depends on package B. Versions 1.0.0 of both packages work well
together. In version 1.2.0 package B changes something that A uses, so A
adapts to this change in 1.2.0, if this is not reflected in the DESCRIPTION
with
a pin on B version >=1.2.0 the corresponding bioconda packages could not
fit well together (imagine someone with B version 1.0.0 and A version
1.2.0).
Bioconda developers are reasoning on a way to annotate bioc version, this
should fix the issue without any work needed on single packages versions.

E.