[Bioc-devel] phloseq error: invalid class “sample_data” object: superclass "vectorORfactor" not defined in the environment of the object's class

Levi Waldron lwaldron.research at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 21:24:40 CET 2017

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fredhutch.org> wrote:

> Hi Levi,
>
> Were you able to sort this out? I think we should emphasize the
> importance of re-installing packages *from source* (i.e. with
> biocLite(..., type="source")). This is because some of the package
> binaries we distribute seem to be affected by this problem too.
> We're planning to fix these binaries over the next couple of days.

Thank you, Hervé. I hadn't re-installed from source, and haven't gotten
around to doing a complete re-install, so I tried again with `biocLite(...,
type="source")`. But it still didn't fix the problem re-installing
`mydep$phyloseq` above with type="source". It isn't a great rush, so
perhaps I'll just wait until you've updated the binaries.

> Sorry for the inconvenience,

No worries!

-Levi