[Bioc-devel] BiocFileCache for developers
Lori.Shepherd at RoswellPark.org
Fri Dec 22 19:17:35 CET 2017
BiocFileCache has been updated to follow this type of behavior
- if location exists use without prompting (default user_cache_dir())
- if doesnt exit
- prompt user to create
- if respond N or not an interactive session uses temporary directory
This is reflected in devel version 1.3.8
Bioconductor Core Team
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Department of Biostatistics & Bioinformatics
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, New York 14263
From: Michael Love <michaelisaiahlove at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:18:08 PM
To: Henrik Bengtsson
Cc: Shepherd, Lori; bioc-devel at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] BiocFileCache for developers
I like the explicitness of the `R.cache` approach and I copied it for
my current implementation.
For the BiocFileCache location that should be used for this package
I'm developing, `tximeta`, I'm now using the following logic:
* If run non-interactively, `tximeta` uses a temporary directory.
* If run interactively, and a location has not been previously saved,
the user is prompted if she wants to use (1) the default directory or
a (2) temporary directory.
- If (1), then use the default directory, and save this choice.
- If (2), then use a temporary directory for the rest of this R
session, and ask again next R session.
* The prompt above also mentions that a specific function can be used
to manually set the directory at any time point, and this choice is
* The default directory is given by `rappdirs::user_cache_dir("BiocFileCache")`.
* The choice itself of the BiocFileCache directory that `tximeta`
should use is saved in a JSON file here
This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.
[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
More information about the Bioc-devel