[Bioc-devel] git push to Bioconductor failing

Hoffman, Gabriel gabriel.hoffman at mssm.edu
Fri Dec 15 18:50:33 CET 2017

Hi,

I am having an issue pushing changes from my git repo to Bioconductor.  I can push changes to Github just fine.

Here my push command fails.

> git push upstream

FATAL: W any packages/variancePartition gabrielhoffman DENIED by fallthru

(or you mis-spelled the reponame)

and the repository exists.

I have the proper upstream location set

> git remote -v

origin https://github.com/GabrielHoffman/variancePartition.git (fetch)

origin https://github.com/GabrielHoffman/variancePartition.git (push)

upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/variancePartition (fetch)

upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/variancePartition (push)

But it seems like I don't have write access to this repo.

> ssh -T git at git.bioconductor.org | grep variancePartition

 R  packages/variancePartition

I have registered my SSH RSA key with Bioconductor, and I have received the emails saying it was approved.  But I still do not have write access.

Do you have any suggestions to debug this?

Thanks,

- Gabriel

--

Gabriel Hoffman, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology

Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences

Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai

gabriel.hoffman at mssm.edu<mailto:gabriel.hoffman at mssm.edu>

1425 Madison Avenue

New York, NY 10029