[Bioc-devel] Question about Access to Bioconductor through Git

George Wu george.t.wu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 02:25:39 CET 2017

Hi Bioc-Devel List,

I am having trouble pushing to the git bioconductor repository, most likely
due to not requesting for access correctly.

I was able to follow the instructions to open a github account and link the
github repository to the one on my local machine, and then sync both with
the git at git.bioconductor.org for my package. I also submitted the
information and had my key added to have access to push.

When I tried to push my changes I got the following messages:

*"*
*FATAL: W any packages/... DENIED by fallthru*
*(or you mis-spelled the reponame)*
*fatal: Could not read from remote repository.*

*Please make sure you have the correct access rights*
*and the repository exists.*
*"*

My guess is that I submitted my key incorrectly? I used to have a SVN
account a long time ago, but do not remember the details, so I put my
GitHub id. And then I copy-pasted directly using '*clip < ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub*'
to add my key. The key should work because I used the process to link to my
github account from my local machine. Did I make a mistake somewhere?

Thanks for your help in advance,
George