[Bioc-devel] splitting simpleSingleCell into self-contained vignettes

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Mon Dec 11 17:48:44 CET 2017

Following up on our earlier discussion:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2017-October/011949.html

I have split the simpleSingleCell workflow into three (four, if you
include the introductory overview) self-contained Rmarkdown files. I am
preparing them for submission to BioC's workflow builder, and I would
like to check what is the best way to do this:

i) Each workflow file goes into its own package.

ii) All workflow files go into a single package.

Option (i) is logistically easier but probably a bit odd conceptually,
especially if users need to download "simpleSingleCell1",
"simpleSingleCell2", "simpleSingleCell3", etc.

Option (ii) is nicer but requires more coordination, as the BioC webpage
builder needs to know that that multiple HTMLs have been generated. It's
also unclear to me whether this will run into problems with the DLL
limit - does R restart when compiling each vignette?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm also happy to be a guinea pig for
any SVN->Git transition for the workflow packages, if that's on the radar.

Cheers,

Aaron