[Bioc-devel] Error following post acceptance instructions: permission denied

Christopher John chris.r.john86 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 08:49:40 CEST 2017

Hi

I have had my package accepted to the bioconductor (M3C). I then followed
the instructions in the email to add a ssh key to my account, then summited
this to the bioconductor. I tested the key using the github instructions
and it seemed to work fine.

Next I ran:

git remote add upstream git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/M3C.git

In my local M3C directory.

The instructions are then to pull any upstream changes, the first command
seems to work, but the second gives an error, why is this?:

git fetch upstream

Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

I am a bit confused at this point. Am I supposed to wait after submitting
the key for a certain amount of time or have I done something wrong?

Thanks,

Chris