[Bioc-devel] Question : GitHub-Commit changes to the released branch

Shepherd, Lori Lori.Shepherd at RoswellPark.org
Fri Aug 25 19:57:54 CEST 2017

The current release is RELEASE_3_5

Lori Shepherd

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces at r-project.org> on behalf of Zhu, Lihua (Julie) <Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu>
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 1:41:52 PM
To: bioc-devel at r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Question : GitHub-Commit changes to the released branch

Hi,

I need to fix a bug in the development and released version of CRISPRseek.

So far, I have successfully updated the dev version of CRISPRseek following the guides at https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/maintain-bioc-only/.

I have a couple of question regarding commit changes to the released version of CRISPRseek 1.16.0.

For the following command, what should I replace <RELEASE_X_Y> with? Thanks!

git checkout -b <RELEASE_X_Y>

Best regards,

Julie