[Bioc-devel] COHCAP GitHub Update

Turaga, Nitesh Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Thu Aug 24 13:27:03 CEST 2017

http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/faq/>faq<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/faq/>/<http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/faq/>

________________________________
From: Charles Warden <cwarden45 at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 11:32:42 PM
To: Turaga, Nitesh
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] COHCAP GitHub Update

Hi Nitesh,

I am getting a slightly different error message, now that I am changing to be within the COHCAP directory:

###### Start Code ########

COHCAP cwarden$ git fetch --all

Fetching origin

Fetching upstream

Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

error: Could not fetch upstream

###### End Code ########

I also don't see COHCAP when I search the Bioconductor repository (when searching https://github.com/Bioconductor?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=COHCAP&type=&language=), and I also can't clone anything directory from Bioconductor:

###### Start Code ########

cwarden$ git clone git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP

Cloning into 'COHCAP'...

Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

###### End Code ########

I have my Bioconductor SVN username and password, but does something need to be initialized with the new git system (where I'll have a new Bioconductor username and password)?

Thanks,
Charles

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 2:18 PM, Turaga, Nitesh <Nitesh.Turaga at roswellpark.org<mailto:Nitesh.Turaga at roswellpark.org>> wrote:
Hi

> On Aug 23, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Charles Warden <cwarden45 at gmail.com<mailto:cwarden45 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded code for the COHCAP Bioconductor SVN repository (
> https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/COHCAP/), made
> some changes, and then tried to commit those changes.  However, I got an
> error message that the SVN repository is locked, so the changes could not
> be uploaded because of a switch to git.
>
> I have a GitHub account, and I uploaded the COHCAP code (with the latest
> round of changes) to GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/cwarden45/COHCAP

So far so good.

> However, I am not sure how to make this the new Bioconductor repository.  I
> am trying to follow the instructions available here:
>
> http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git/sync-existing-repositories/
>
> However, if I run the command *git remote add upstream
> git at git.bioconductor.org:packages/COHCAP.gi**t*, then I get an error
> message: *fatal: Not a git repository.*

Can you paste the command and the error message as is, this formatting seems off.