[Bioc-devel] ViennaRNA and Biopython in R package

carl fakhry carlfakhry at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 00:39:58 CEST 2017

Hi Martin,

I wrote an R package which has functions that invoke system commands. Part of the system commands which I am using is calls to the ViennaRNA package (https://www.tbi.univie.ac.at/RNA/#)  and calls to python which requires a specific python library, Biopython. Both of these packages are very commonly used in the bioinformatics world.

The R package can install properly without installing ViennaRNA or Biopython. However, to use the package the user would need to install them to have the R package work properly. What should I do in this case? Should I make an extra vignette which details the installation process?

Thanks,

Carl