[Bioc-devel] Updates to BiocStyle formatting

Andrzej Oleś andrzej.oles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 00:52:38 CEST 2017

Dear Bioconductor Developers,

As announced previously, the style functions have been updated to the new
formatting in BiocStyle version 2.5.19.

Package maintainers who already use the new style (`latex2`,
`pdf_document2` or `html_document2`) are now encouraged to update their
vignettes by stripping the trailing "2" from BiocStyle function calls.

In case you experience any problems with building your BiocStyle documents,
we kindly ask you to first make sure that your vignette meets the
guidelines described in [Bioconductor LaTeX Style 2.0](
https://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/vignettes/BiocStyle/inst/doc/LatexStyle2.pdf)
(for .Rnw vignettes) or [Authoring R Markdown Vignettes](
https://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/vignettes/BiocStyle/inst/doc/AuthoringRmdVignettes.html)
(for .Rmd vignettes). Any remaining issues should be reported as a [GitHub
issue](https://github.com/Bioconductor/BiocStyle/issues). As a temporary
solution you can still use one of the deprecated format functions
(`latex_old`, `pdf_document_old` or `html_document_old`), but please be
warned that the "old" functions will be made defunct after the release.

Best regards,
Andrzej Oleś