[Bioc-devel] Git transition is happening August 16th.
Nitesh.Turaga at RoswellPark.org
Mon Aug 7 22:43:40 CEST 2017
The details and timeline of the transition from SVN to GIT have been finalized.
1. Important Dates, Days of transition - August 15th and August 16th.
August 15th - 9am EST
- Git BETA server commits stop, BETA phase ends. All commits to the BETA repository are discarded.
- Data experiment package SVN commits are stopped.
August 16th - 9am EST
- Software package SVN commits are stopped,
- About 6 hours after, the GIT server comes to life.
- No SVN commits here after
August 16th - 6pm EST onwards.
- Only commits to git.bioconductor.org possible.
- See scenarios on how to commit to the new git server.
2. For access to git.bioconductor.org, please submit your SSH keys to
This is important, without which you will not be able to maintain your package.
3. Workflow packages will remain on SVN for the moment. We will inform you when the transition of the workflow packages happen.
Bioconductor Core Team
This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.
More information about the Bioc-devel