[Bioc-devel] test coverage of a shiny app

Marcel Ramos mramos09 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 01:38:39 CEST 2017

Hi Sam,
This is a pertinent issue to shiny app development and there are continuing
efforts to create unit tests for shiny applications.

At the moment, there is a package dedicated to providing tests for shiny
applications but it has not been published.
See: https://github.com/rstudio/shinytest

This link may also provide some testing examples:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/RSelenium/vignettes/shinytesting.html

In the meantime, I would advise to simply test the functions and
manipulations that generate the data for your shiny application.
I'm eager to hear other developer's inputs on this subject.

Best regards,
Marcel