[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor 3.5 release: April 7 deadlines

Stian Lågstad stianlagstad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 12:21:55 CEST 2017

I've added a new function to my package chimeraviz (so far it's in a
separate branch and not commited to Bioconductor). Does the API freeze mean
that I have to wait until the Bioconductor release before I commit it to
the devel branch?

On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 2:38 AM, Valerie Obenchain <vobencha at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some recent activity has caused some (red) ripples across the builds and
> the El Capitan Mac builds are still unsettled. To accommodate, we're
> extending the deadline to pass R CMD build and check with no errors to next
> Friday (http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/). Thanks
> to everyone for cleaning up their packages and communicating problems (and
> solutions!) on the lists.
>
> Key deadlines for April 7 are
>
> - No new packages added to the 3.5 roster
>
> - No more API changes
>
> - Current release 3.4 builds will stop
>
> - Annotation packages (both internal and contributed) posted to the 3.5
> repo
>
> Valerie

Stian Lågstad
+47 41 80 80 25