[Bioc-devel] R CMD check without WARNING: g++ and STL issue for xcms and mzR

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 15:12:18 CEST 2017

I think "we" have to appreciate that the warning about abort/etc and others
is really hard to deal with when you're including (large) external source
as you do in mzR and for example affxparser / Rgraphviz.  Generally fixing
those in external code requires a lot of effort, and the further effort to
document that the included sources in the package are different from the
official sources.  I have had warnings about this in affxparser for a long,
long time and no-one has bothered me over it.

What might be nice is (somehow) setting a flag saying this should be
ignored in the check process, but of course we don't want that flag to be
set by the developer, because usually, these issues should be dealt with.
So perhaps there is nothing to do and I always have to click on each build
report to verify that there is only 1 warning from this issues and not
others.

Best,
Kasper