[Bioc-devel] Why sleuth is not in Bioconductor?

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Wed Sep 14 13:17:16 CEST 2016

On 09/14/2016 06:54 AM, Ted Wong wrote:
> Thanks Vincent,
>
> I tried to install it with Bioconductor (described on their Github) before starting the question, but it was broken (at least for me). The command I tried was:
>
> biocLite("pachterlab/sleuth")

This is not a question about package development, so should be posted to
the support site https://support.bioconductor.org. Nonetheless,
biocLite() will recognize this as a github repository and will use
devtools::install_github(). If you are having problems, then it is
necessary to provide information about what your problem is, e.g., by
copying and pasting the result of running biocLite() into your email,
along with information about your R installation. I have

 > biocLite("pachterlab/sleuth")
BioC_mirror: https://bioconductor.org
Using Bioconductor 3.4 (BiocInstaller 1.23.9), R 3.3.1 Patched (2016-09-07
   r71225).
Installing github package(s) 'pachterlab/sleuth'
Downloading GitHub repo pachterlab/sleuth at master
from URL https://api.github.com/repos/pachterlab/sleuth/zipball/master
Installing sleuth
'/home/mtmorgan/bin/R-3-3-branch/bin/R' --no-site-file --no-environ
--no-save  \
   --no-restore --quiet CMD INSTALL  \
   '/tmp/RtmpxvzkWy/devtools284d59360fae/pachterlab-sleuth-048f055'  \
   --library='/home/mtmorgan/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.3-Bioc-3.4'  \
   --install-tests

* installing *source* package ‘sleuth’ ...
** R
** inst
** tests
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
    ‘intro.Rmd’ using ‘UTF-8’
** testing if installed package can be loaded
* DONE (sleuth)
 > sessionInfo()
R version 3.3.1 Patched (2016-09-07 r71225)
Platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
Running under: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
  [7] LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] BiocInstaller_1.23.9

  [1] httr_1.2.1      R6_2.1.3        tools_3.3.1     withr_1.0.2
  [5] curl_1.2        memoise_1.0.0   knitr_1.14      git2r_0.15.0
  [9] digest_0.6.10   devtools_1.12.0