[Bioc-devel] Fwd: BiocInstaller::useDevel() Error: 'devel' version requires a more recent R

Lukas Weber lukmweber at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 21:15:16 CEST 2016

I just checked by sending a commit to my package. I am also still seeing
installation of R version 3.3.1:

$ curl -Lo /tmp/R-3.3.1.xz
https://s3.amazonaws.com/rstudio-travis/R-3.3.1.xz

In fact looking at the Travis build log more closely, all packages still
seem to be coming from Bioconductor 3.4, even though I have "r: bioc-devel"
in the .travis.yml file.

This does sound like something that may be resolved in the coming days,
i.e. something needs to be updated manually. If not, we should open an
issue in the Travis CI issue tracker, as Kevin suggested:

Travis CI support for R is contributed by the community and may be removed
or altered at any time. If you run into any problems, please report them in
the Travis CI issue tracker and cc @craigcitro, @hadley, and @jimhester.

Best regards,
Lukas