[Bioc-devel] Fwd: BiocInstaller::useDevel() Error: 'devel' version requires a more recent R

Kevin RUE kevinrue67 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:50:15 CEST 2016

Hi again,

I applied your YAML config in my latest commit
<https://github.com/kevinrue/TVTB/blob/master/.travis.yml>
But in my (ongoing) Travis build
<https://travis-ci.org/kevinrue/TVTB/builds/169301723>, I can already see
that it has installed the wrong R version (3.1.1, not devel), see line 370
<https://travis-ci.org/kevinrue/TVTB/builds/169301723#L370>

$ curl -Lo /tmp/R-3.3.1.xz https://s3.amazonaws.com/rstudio-travis/R-3.3.1.xz

As opposed to the configuration I posted earlier that states:
r: devel

which did install R-devel (line 370
<https://travis-ci.org/kevinrue/TVTB/builds/169258984#L370> of the previous
build):

$curl -Lo /tmp/R-devel.xz https://s3.amazonaws.com/rstudio-travis/R-devel.xz

I honestly don't know how YAML instructions work on Travis, but maybe some
action must be taken before "bioc-devel" becomes synonym to "R-devel" ?

Thanks for your help.
Kevin