[Bioc-devel] Fwd: BiocInstaller::useDevel() Error: 'devel' version requires a more recent R

Rodriguez Martinez, Andrea andrea.rodriguez-martinez13 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:06:53 CEST 2016

Thanks for your reply.

I have successfully removed BiocInstaller by hand, restart R, and then, installed with:

> source("https://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
Warning in install.packages :
  URL 'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.4/bioc/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.4/PACKAGES.gz': status was '404 Not Found'
Warning in install.packages :
  URL 'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.4/bioc/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.4/PACKAGES': status was '404 Not Found'
Warning in install.packages :
  unable to access index for repository https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.4/bioc/bin/macosx/mavericks/contrib/3.4:
  cannot download all files
installing the source package ‘BiocInstaller’

trying URL 'https://bioconductor.org/packages/3.4/bioc/src/contrib/BiocInstaller_1.24.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 17756 bytes (17 KB)
downloaded 17 KB

* installing *source* package ‘BiocInstaller’ ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** testing if installed package can be loaded
Bioconductor version 3.4 (BiocInstaller 1.24.0), ?biocLite for help
Warning: Bioconductor version 3.4 is too old for R version 3.4.0; see
  https://bioconductor.org/install/#troubleshoot-biocinstaller
* DONE (BiocInstaller)

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/z8/8jwlrtqx3270h05ncg1xwzs80000gn/T/RtmpRmVsc5/downloaded_packages’
Bioconductor version 3.4 (BiocInstaller 1.24.0), ?biocLite for help

> BiocInstaller::useDevel()
Error: 'devel' version requires a more recent R

Thanks very much,

Andrea