[Bioc-devel] RMassBank (almost) builds ...

Egon Willighagen egon.willighagen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:15:19 CEST 2016

cc: Rajarshi

Hi Emma,

On Wed, Oct 12, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Schymanski, Emma
<Emma.Schymanski at eawag.ch> wrote:
> Thanks to Laurent and Jo for updating MSnbase and thanks to the BioC team for getting the email updates working again! The good news is that RMassBank now builds on most platforms... but ...
> 1) we have a build error due to a Java version issue with rcdk, this has been a problem on release for ages.
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.4/bioc-LATEST/RMassBank/morelia-buildsrc.html
> Will someone on the BioC side follow up with that?

It seems that Rajarshi's package depends on J8 which is not present on
the build system?

I did a quick search, but is rcdk actually in Bioconductor? I guess it
is using the CRAN version, which has this dependency formalized:

    SystemRequirements:Java JDK 1.8 or higher

So, the RMassBank is effectively also depending on J8... is that
available on the build system?

Rajarshi, the CDK depends only on J7... why is the rcdk depending on J8?

Egon

--
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT