[Bioc-devel] recent changes in ggplot2 break some packages

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Mon Nov 14 21:03:11 CET 2016

Hi Ramon, Diego,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. This week we'll update R
to 3.3.2 on the machines building release and that will trigger
re-installation of all the packages on these machines. For the devel
builds, the issue will also go away when we update R, which we'll do
in 4 or 5 weeks from now. We'll try to manually re-install some of
the packages that depend on ggplot2 in the mean time.

Cheers,
H.

>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/cytofkit/malbec2-buildsrc.html
>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/maftools/malbec2-buildsrc.html
>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/MoonlightR/malbec2-buildsrc.html
>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/pcaExplorer/malbec2-buildsrc.html

>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/cytofkit/malbec1-buildsrc.html
>>> etc
>>>

>>> This seems related to very recent changes in ggplot2 (and other people have
>>> reported similar problems in oter forums). It is fixed reinstalling ggplot2
>>> and the other package that depends on it (e.g., ggrepel)[1].
>>>
>>> Should we just wait for ggplot2 and ggrepel to be reinstalled in the build
>>> machines? How often do these happen?
>>>

>>> Best,
>>>

>>> R.
>>>

>>> [1] And, at least for the package I maintain, OncoSimulR, there are no
>>> issues with R-devel in my local machines or with Travis
>>> (https://travis-ci.org/rdiaz02/OncoSimul), or Appveyor
>>> (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rdiaz02/OncoSimul).
>>>

>>> --
>>> Ramon Diaz-Uriarte