[Bioc-devel] Bioc-devel Digest, Vol 152, Issue 10

calogero UNITO raffaele.calogero at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 07:12:56 CET 2016

Hi Dario,
I am the maintainer of chimera package
thank for the info I am going to check which is the problem in
importFusionData.
There is only one example of data import, because of limits in package size.
An other example can be retrieved from:
download.file("http://sourceforge.net/projects/ochguiextras/files/chimera/Chimeric.out.junction.zip/download",
"Chimeric.out.junction.zip", mode="wb")

I check the example:
tmp <- importFusionData("fusionmap",
paste(find.package(package="chimera"),"/examples/mcf7.FMFusionReport",
sep=""), org="hg19")
and it seems to import correctly the fusionmap data.

Same  happens with:
download.file("http://sourceforge.net/projects/ochguiextras/files/chimera/Chimeric.out.junction.zip/download",
"Chimeric.out.junction.zip", mode="wb")
unzip("Chimeric.out.junction.zip")
tmp <- importFusionData("star", "Chimeric.out.junction", org="hg19",
min.support=100)

Could please send me the code you have run and could you please describe
the issue you encountered?
Cheers
Raf

  Today's Topics:
>     1. Re: chimera Attempts to Open Non-existent File (Dario Strbenac)
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 11:00:07 +0000
> From: Dario Strbenac <dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au>
> To: "bioc-devel at r-project.org" <bioc-devel at r-project.org>
> Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] chimera Attempts to Open Non-existent File

> Good day,
>
> The examples section of importFusionData is almost entirely commented out, so it's unclear whether it works. Since a lot of the package code is never run by R CMD check and the test coverage is 0%, it's plausibly a package development issue.
>
> -------------------------------------
> Dario Strbenac
> University of Sydney
> Camperdown NSW 2050