[Bioc-devel] Pushing updates in the release branch

Obenchain, Valerie Valerie.Obenchain at roswellpark.org
Fri May 27 02:37:55 CEST 2016

Hi Charles,

Yes, the usual advice is that you touch release for bug fixes only but
can update as often as you like in devel. This is the same pattern
followed for our experimental data and annotation packages. Once we have
a release those data are frozen and for 6 months are considered the
'current release'.

Are the ENCODE files updated more frequently than every 6 months? I was
wondering if you could query for this information on-the-fly but a quick
look at encode_df makes me think the data are heavily curated and
real-time retrieval might not be possible.

Valerie