[Bioc-devel] \donttest and the "80% of man pages documenting exported objects must have runnable examples" rule

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Sun May 15 20:25:01 CEST 2016

On 05/15/2016 02:20 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:

> [...]

Examples traditionally have dual roles in illustrating functionality and
testing code. It would be particularly favorable if you could point to
other parts of your package where the code was tested -- unit tests via
RUnit or testthat being a natural place, see
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/unitTesting-guidelines/ -- and
it's use illustrated -- vignettes or other examples.

Martin