[Bioc-devel] new download stats

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 02:27:17 CEST 2016

Hervé,
Thanks for the update, it looks great!
Here is one problem though. I noticed that the original download stats link has change too. For my pathview package, it was:
http://bioconductor.org/packages/stats/bioc/pathview.html
now changed to:
https://bioconductor.org/packages/stats/bioc/pathview/

I happened to include the old link in a submitted grant application as an objective impact metric for the Pathview project. And now the old one is not used any more, and my application suddenly look bad now because the supportive evidence claimed does not even exist. Not sure how that may affect our grant application.
can we still keep the old URL or at least make it a alias to the new one? Thank you!
Weijun