[Bioc-devel] GEOquery for Bioc devel

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Sun May 8 17:46:57 CEST 2016

Hmm.  Very important piece of software so we should try to remedy this.  I
had assigned some GEOquery problems in the edX class and there were some
people who could not get getGEO to work, but the problem seemed
intermittent.  There was a workaround posted on the support site which
involved separate steps for assay and platform data acquisition; ultimately
the solution data object was just made available directly.

Can/should we make the build/distribution process robust to data server
flakiness?  The user may encounter intermittent problems, but the software
should still be available IMHO.
Reduce server-dependent tests and examples?