[Bioc-devel] New package version and BiocCheck

Peng Ni nipeng at csu.edu.cn
Sat May 7 04:48:50 CEST 2016

I'm trying to submit a new package. I have set the version number to 0.99.0 as indicated at
 However, I get a warning from BiocCheck 1.6.1 that says:

* Checking version number validity...
    * RECOMMENDED: y of x.y.z version should be even in release

I see that the end of the warning says "in release", but I'm don't see a way to change the
package status to development on the Issue tracking website.

I'm confused. Do I need to change some information in DESCRIPTION? Or did I miss something somewhere?

Can someone point me toward a solution? My package submission is here: https://github.com/Bioconductor/ContributionsBeta/issues/7

Thanks a lot.