[Bioc-devel] need some advice for author listing on DESCRIPTION page

Krithika Bhuvaneshwar kb472 at georgetown.edu
Thu Mar 31 16:36:52 CEST 2016

Hello,

We are working on fine tuning how the citation should look in our
DESCRIPTION of our pre-accepted package.

We would like our R citation to appear like this:

Author1, Author2, Author3, Author4, Author5, Author6 and Author7
(2016), PackageName. R package version 0.99.9.

Just like how we write a paper, Author1 and Author7 did most of the
work and came up with the concept respt. Middle authors have a less
significant role, but still had a contribution to the package.

So we would like to mark Author1 as "aut" and Author7 as
c("aut","cre"), and perhaps list of the authors as "ctb". But as per
this page: https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-devel/library/utils/html/person.html,
listing a person as "ctb" means he/she will NOT show up in package
citation.

Question - is there a way to mark a person as "ctb", AND have the
person show up in package citation ?
Or do I have no choice but to mark all authors as "aut" ?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Krithika