[Bioc-devel] 49 software packages either have no vignettes or their vignettes are not built by R CMD build!

Karim Mezhoud kmezhoud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:11:15 CEST 2016

Dear Dr Dan,
Thank you for this note.
In my case (canceR), I am using sweave and having:

 checking PDF version of manual ... [8s/19s]   OK

during R CMD Check.

I need to sync devel version using git-mirrors (
https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/git-mirrors/).
I am following scenario 2.
When I fork bioc-mirror/canceR I get two repo with the same name in my
github.

at step 4 of tutorial, I can not push some changes:

error: unable to read askpass response from 'rpostback-askpass'
fatal: could not read Username for 'https://github.com': Device not
configured

1- How can I configure access to bioc-mirror/canceR.

2- What is the utility of the fork if we can commit directly to
bioc-mirror/canceR?

Thank you
Karim