[Bioc-devel] DT CRAN vs github versions

Gabe Becker becker.gabe at gene.com
Fri Mar 11 01:41:11 CET 2016

Laurent,

I'd argue quite strongly against this from a systems perspective. Your
package wouldn't be installable via biocLite. That function can see github
repos, but only when told to and not as dependencies AFAIK. A package
passing but being uninstsllable would be a Very Bad Thing (tm) IMHO.

You do have my sympathies though, I'm blocked by a gh only patch in
BatchJobs and have been for months.

Best,
~G