[Bioc-devel] License question for experimental data package

davide risso risso.davide at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:15:29 CET 2016

Hi Hervé and Sean,

thanks for your help. It will indeed be interesting to hear how other
people chose the license, especially for those package that redistribute a
dataset not from their lab.

I do have an experimental data package in Bioc, zebrafishRNASeq, but it's
an experiment from a collaborator and at the time I didn't pay much
attention on which license to use.
In this case, I'd like to redistribute data from different labs. I guess I
will contact the original authors at least as a courtesy.
But I'm still keen to hear opinions on which license(s) is appropriate for
experimental data sharing.

Best,
davide