[Bioc-devel] Need for file-based handling of meta-data

Thomas Girke thomas.girke at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 29 21:42:52 CEST 2016

Yes, a "readSummarizedExperiment" would be a "modern-day analog of
Biobase::readExpressionSet". I also agree with the other suggestions
including github to get this started, and Vince's thoughts on binding
meta-data more tightly to source data as well as improving
interoperability.

As suggested I am sharing this discussion with the bioc-devel list.

Thomas