[Bioc-devel] NotNeeded in build report RSS feeds

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Tue Jun 28 21:16:37 CEST 2016

Hi Antti,

I'm not sure I follow. NotNeeded is a status seen in the INSTALL phase of the build, and it means your package did not need to be installed because no other package built by the build system depends on it.

This status should not change from one day to the next. (It would change if someone were to depend on your package.)

But the basic behavior of the RSS feeds is supposed to be to only notify you when there is a change in build status. So you should not get new feeds when the build status stays the same.

Dan