[Bioc-devel] Permission denied warning when building vignette

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Tue Jun 7 21:15:18 CEST 2016

I can't reproduce this.

One thing you can do is try and reproduce it in an interactive session in order to get more information.

So install your package:

R CMD INSTALL ASAFE

Then do the following:

cd ASAFE/vignettes
R CMD Stangle ASAFE.Rmd

This will produce a file called ASAFE.R containing just the R code from your vignette, you can then start R and do:

source("ASAFE.R", echo=TRUE, max=Inf)

Then see if the code fails again in the same place. If it does fail you can use traceback() and debug() and other tools to find the error.
Be sure that traceback() is the first command you run after the error.
Also at this point you can run sessionInfo() to see what you have installed. If you still have trouble and return to this list for help you should include the sessionInfo() and traceback() output.

Dan