[Bioc-devel] Experiment data packages

Aaron Taudt aaron.taudt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:40:29 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to update my experiment data package. I read the instructions
at
http://bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/source-control#experiment-data-packages
but it's not clear to me at all how to do it the right way. The package
infrastructure and data folders are stored in different repositories. When
updating a package, do I make the changes in both repositories separately?
What is the role of the python script to fold in the data? What does the
external_data_store.txt file need to contain? The files that are stored in
the "data_store" repository?

It would be nice if there was a more detailed description on how to update
experiment data packages. I'm not an expert in using svn and figuring this
out by trial and error takes a lot of time because of the biweekly build
cycles.

Thanks,
Aaron