[Bioc-devel] workflows running Bioc-devel

Aaron Lun alun at wehi.edu.au
Sun Feb 28 13:40:22 CET 2016

Hi all,

Is it possible to get the workflow build system to use an R installation
running Bioc-devel for a specific workflow?

To give some context, I've been writing a workflow for low-level
analysis of single-cell RNA-seq data. Of the many Bioconductor packages
it uses, one of them is my own package that isn't quite ready to go into
the upcoming 3.3 release. I'd like to have some more time to clean it up
(add tests, documentation, etc.) so I was initially aiming to submit the
package into BioC 3.4, i.e., the release after the next.

However, if the workflow build system only runs on BioC release, I'd
have to wait until ~September to submit the workflow (assuming we're
still on schedule). This would be slightly annoying, given that the
workflow would have been finished for months at that point.

The obvious solution would be to allow the building of workflows on Bioc
devel, but I don't know how technically possible that would be.
Alternatively, I've still got a month before the new package submission
deadline, so I can try to clean up the package and get it into 3.3.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Aaron