[Bioc-devel] R CMD check problems

Luca De Sano l.desano at campus.unimib.it
Thu Feb 25 11:57:07 CET 2016

Hi all,
I'm working on a package named TRONCO (
http://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/TRONCO.html ) which was
released last year on bioconductor. Everytime I run R CMD check I get these
two warnings:

* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ...
WARNING
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'bnlearn', details:
  call: setMethod("nodes", cl, function(object) .nodes(object))
  error: no existing definition for function ‘nodes’
Execution halted

* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... WARNING
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'bnlearn', details:
  call: setMethod("nodes", cl, function(object) .nodes(object))
  error: no existing definition for function ‘nodes’
Execution halted

I've searched informations about these errors and I've only found some old
posts on StackOverflow which suggested to change the order of the import.
I've tried to do it with no result. At the moment I can't figure out what
those warnings mean!

Any suggestions?

Warnings can be reproduced with the code listed below:

git clone https://github.com/BIMIB-DISCo/TRONCO.git
R CMD build TRONCO
R CMD check TRONCO_2.3.0.tar.gz

Thank you