[Bioc-devel] Vignette package error

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Thu Feb 4 03:53:42 CET 2016

The "Suggests" field is for packages that you use in vignette and maybe example code, but not in the package code proper.
So any package used in the vignette or examples needs to be listed in Suggests.

It happens that some of the packages are already installed on the build system but you can/should never count on that. Also, end users are unlikely to have those packages installed.

See http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/buildingPackagesForBioc/#description and https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#The-DESCRIPTION-file for more about what the various fields mean, especially Suggests.

Dan