[Bioc-devel] TabixFileList() constructor broken in devel

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Thu Dec 29 17:55:27 CET 2016

hi Lori,

thanks for the clarification. if this is an intended change then i'd say
the documentation needs to be updated since, as i showed in my email
below, it currently says that for functions such as 'TabixFileList()'
the input 'file' argument should be a 'TabixFile' instance and not a
character vector.

this change also means the input is switching from a 'TabixFile'
instance to a 'character' vector, so pipelines or packages doing calls
to 'TabixFileList()' that have been passing 'TabixFile' instances as
arguments will have to update those calls to pass a character vector.

  i'd suggest that if there's no good reason to switch, it would be
safer to add the character vector as an additional possibility in the
input argument 'file', just as with 'countTabix()', and minimize
possible breaks of pipelines/packages using 'TabixFileList()'. i've
encountered this problem because my own package VariantFiltering calls
'TabixFileList()' although is not a big deal to fix it.

cheers,

robert.