[Bioc-devel] change of maintainer's mail address on release branch

Thomas Naake thomasnaake at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:01:00 CET 2016

Dear Bioc-devel community,

I face the problem that the validity of my email address runs out soon (I
changed the university). This mail address is currently used in one package
on release. On the devel branch, the DESCRIPTION file and man pages contain
already the most recent email address.

The question that arises is: how to proceed to update the release branch
with the most up-to-date mail address? Should I follow the guidelines on [1]*
Committing Changes to the Release Branch* or is there any other possibility
of changing the mail addresses?

Thanks for your help and best wishes,

Thomas

[1] https://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/source-control/